Communiqué de presse, 2016-06-01
Konftel brings a new look to remote meetings with a personal speaker phone
Konftel will be releasing a long-awaited new product this July. The leading manufacturer of conference phones is about to take a step into the personal speaker phone market with the launch of its Konftel Ego. It’s a portable device that is perfect for Skype for Business conferences.
The Konftel Ego has already received much attention, having won a Red Dot Award for "Excellent Product Design" for its attractive looks and user-friendliness. The market has responded immediately and noticeably too with large volumes of orders placed in advance.
"We already have an extensive range of phones for traditional conference rooms. But we're also seeing a change in user behaviour. We're increasingly on-the-go and want considerable flexibility when it comes to where and when we can hold our remote meetings," explains Torbjörn Karlsson, Product Manager at Konftel.
"The Konftel Ego is our answer to that need. This portable and personal speaker phone lets you set up meetings quite simply wherever it suits you, whether in a small conference room, a café or hotel room, without compromising on the sound quality.
That's guaranteed by OmniSound®, Konftel's patented audio technology. This delivers HD quality when making calls and playing music, whether the Konftel Ego has a wireless Bluetooth connection or a wired USB connection. The Bluetooth connection can be made even easier with NFC support, and you can have a completely cordless speaker phone if you wish thanks to the built-in battery. The LCD screen shows which feature is enabled along with LEDs that shine downwards to make the experience as simple and clear for the user as possible.
The Konftel Ego works seamlessly with Skype for Business. It is engineered according to Microsoft's specifications for personal speaker phones and has been successfully tested in a Microsoft-certified laboratory. The Konftel Ego also delivers crystal-clear audio to other conferencing tools, such as Cisco Jabber, Avaya Communicator and the latest generation of online services.
Konftel Ego, key features:
- Compact, portable speaker phone that connects simply to a mobile phone, tablet or PC.
- Crystal-clear sound with full duplex thanks to OmniSound® audio technology.
- Support for Skype for Business, Cisco Jabber, Avaya Communicator and other conferencing tools.
- Support for HD calls via Bluetooth®
- Clear LCD screen displays enabled feature.
- Simplified Bluetooth pairing and connection using NFC.
- Bluetooth® A2DP for superior audio performance when playing music.
- USB port for connection to a computer or other compatible USB device.
- Completely cordless thanks to its built-in battery and Bluetooth® (charged via USB and has up to 12 hours of battery time).
- Headset connectivity option allows easy switching between headset and speaker function.
The Konftel Ego will be available from retailers from mid-July.
Find out more
Konftel is a leading company and a strong brand, within audio conferencing equipment. Since 1988, our mission has been to help people around the world to conduct meetings despite distances. Based on our success, we know that audio conferencing is a great way to save time, money and at the same time contribute to a better environment. High audio quality is essential for efficient meetings, this is why our patented audio technology OmniSound®, is built into all Konftel Conference phones. The products are sold globally under the Konftel brand and our head-quarter is based in Sweden. Read more about the company and products on konftel.com.